SCO Family of Services envisions communities throughout New York City and Long Island that support family life and personal well-being, where everyone has the opportunity to succeed.
SCO Family of Services helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs. SCO has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years.
- Compassion – we provide deep empathy and a safe, caring environment that enriches each life we touch
- Empowerment – we enhance the strengths of individuals, families and communities, providing opportunities to succeed and participate fully in community life
- Dedication – we do whatever it takes to help people thrive, standing by them no matter the obstacles they face or the challenges they must overcome
- Acceptance – we embrace each individual’s unique identity
- Responsiveness – we anticipate and strive to meet the needs of every person and every community we serve, responding to moments of crisis and preventing crises before they occur
- Family – we embrace families as our partners believing that families are essential for individuals and communities to flourish
- Excellence – we dedicate ourselves to the highest standards of practice and performance and strive to achieve excellence and professionalism in all we do
- Integrity – we pride ourselves on prudence, commitment and accountability
- Effective – we produce results by motivating and supporting each person and family we serve so they can meet and exceed their personal goals