SCO has a distinct leadership position among our peers. Philanthropic and corporate leaders, foundations and government agencies turn to SCO as a trusted partner. We welcome corporate partners who are committed to working with us to make a visible, measurable and positive impact in the lives of vulnerable New Yorkers.
For more information call the Office of Strategic Partnerships at 516.953.1870
Financial support allows us to implement program enhancements throughout the agency, focusing on: Literacy, Work, Family and Community Life and Well-Being. See how corporate partners are enhancing our programs.
SCO has many events throughout the year. Support us by financially contributing a leadership gift. Support our next event.
Donate products to support our programs and/or the daily operations of SCO Family of Services.
One Day Volunteer Project
Make an impact by supporting, managing and carrying out a specialized project to enhance our programs. See our corporate partner volunteer projects.
Skills Based Volunteering
Employees can offer professional services using their skills, strengths, personal and professional experiences to enrich the lives of the children and families we help.
- Mentoring: Mentor our children, youth and adults in one of the many literacy and work programs here at SCO
- One-on-One: Make an impact in the life of a child or an adolescent in one of our programs or schools
- Group Mentoring: Help our students develop literacy skills in a reading program with a once-a-month time commitment
- Interview Skills Mentor: Help young adults sharpen their interview skills in preparation for job placement
- Conduct Skills Workshops: Share life skills with our adolescents and adults. (I.E. balancing a checkbook, grocery shopping and reading signs)
- Provide Internship Opportunities: Provide our youth with paid employment opportunities by giving them their first job experience
- Book Drive: Support our Literacy Programs. Collect new books for children, youth and adults
- School Supplies: Collect school supplies for our children and youth
- College Packs: Help our young adults get off to a good start! Collect the essentials for our youth to go away to college
- Holiday Giving Program: Make holiday wishes come true for the children, youth, adults and families we help
Highlights of Successful Partnerships
Through the hard work and dedication of their employees, GAP Inc. and The Gap Foundation has supported SCO Family of Services in many ways. Their commitment to SCO has provided life-changing results for the children, youth, adults and families we help.
Gap Inc. and employees from their apparel brands (Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy) have participated in countless service-based volunteer projects, coordinated many in-kind donation drives and worked one-one-one with our clients and staff providing skills-based volunteering in support of our programs and the people we help.
As part of Deloitte Impact Day, 150 Deloitte employees spent the day volunteering on our Madonna Heights Campus. The Deloitte team cleaned, painted, cleared and organized underutilized space—creating SCO’s new Program Support Center, which will house in-kind donations that will be distributed to our programs throughout New York City and Long Island.
Credit Suisse and their employees hosted a holiday party for children and their families at our Brooklyn Foster Care office. Employees participated in activities like arts and crafts, face painting, reading, dancing and more. The day was filled with smiles, laughter and family fun!
Scholastic Inc. is supporting our initiative to embed literacy development into our work with individuals of all ages.
Supporting SCO with the crucial tools needed, Scholastic has donated nearly 10,000 books over the past two years which will help develop literacy rich environments where children live, learn and play; they are helping accelerate literacy development among adolescents reading significantly below grade level at our transfer high school in Queens with Read 180; helping kids in elementary and middle school spark an interest in reading with the R.E.A.L. Mentoring program at our Beacon Program in Brooklyn; and empowering parents in high-need communities to read with their children with the Read and Rise program.
Astoria Federal Savings
Cerini & Associates, LLP
Comax Manufacturing Corp.
Deloitte & Touche LLP
Goldman, Sachs & Co.
Henry Schein, Inc.
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Thompson Hine LLP
Tower Group Companies
Whitsons Culinary Group