SCO Family of Services recruits Family Child Care Homes and Group Family Child Care Homes in the following communities:
Central Brooklyn – Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brownsville, Crown Heights
Zip Codes: 11207, 11212, 11213, 11225, 11233
Contact: Deborah Davidson 718.443.4100 Ext 306
Western Queens – East Elmhurst, Corona, Jackson Heights, Flushing, Rego Park, Forest Hills
Zip Codes: 11365, 11366, 11367, 11368, 11369, 11372, 11373, 11374, 11375
Contact: Marie Fadoul 718.779.1661
Family Child Care Homes provide a year-round full-day child care and early education program for between 3 and 6 infants and toddlers. Group Family Child Care Homes provide a year-round full-day child care and early education program for between 7 and 12 infants, toddlers and preschoolers. (See brochure) If you are interested in becoming an SCO Family Child Care or Group Family Child Care Provider, fill out our online prequalification form.
Family Child Care Homes are licensed or registered by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services and regulated by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The individual providers are responsible for applying for and maintaining the proper certification.
- SCO Family of Services offers Child Care Providers
- Workforce development
- Orientation and training
- The Creative Curriculum for Family Child Care
- Access to a larger community of providers
- Administrative oversight and support
- Assistance with child eligibility determination
- Access to best practices in the industry
- Access to sound nutritional programming through CACFP
- The ability to transition children into center-based services (located in Central Brooklyn/Brownsville and East Elmhurst/Corona)
Who Can Be a Family Child Care Provider?
Our Family Child Care providers are warm and caring adults who have at least two years of verifiable experience working with children. Family Child Care Providers reside in the place where the child care will be provided. The home must have a private bathroom and kitchen, a working telephone and meet additional criteria. Children are accepted into Family Child Care Homes regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin or handicapping condition.