The SCO Council is a diverse group of individuals and corporate partners committed to improving the lives of children and families living in communities of need. A primary objective of this group is to focus on engaging corporate supporters. This is an ideal leadership opportunity for those passionate about SCO’s mission and seeking an opportunity to engage in the important work we do.
- Entrepreneurial opportunity to raise meaningful dollars in support of New York’s under-served children, families and individuals with special needs.
- Ability to meet, mingle, and work with like-minded peers throughout the New York City metropolitan area.
- Exclusive access to volunteer opportunities and fundraising events.
- Networking and collaboration with SCO’s Board of Directors, and hands-on and experiential training for future Board membership.
What are a Council member’s characteristics and responsibilities?
Council members should have the capacity to expand SCO’s base of champions, help position SCO positively in their work and personal networks, and help leverage the following:
- Passion for SCO’s mission and work in the community
- A connection to resources in the business community/corporate realm
- Has the capacity and willingness to make meaningful donations in support of our work
- Internship/volunteer/mentorship opportunities for SCO young adults
- A connection to individuals who may want to plan and/or support an SCO fundraising events/make a donation
- Membership on a NYC or Long Island-based fundraising event committee
- Host for cultivation events
- Identify honorees for Special Events
How can I get involved?
Contact Janice Da Silva at (516) 953-1875 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this opportunity.
students in our transfer high schools who were at risk of dropping out graduated with a Regents diploma
children get ready for kindergarten