Bronx Arena High School
Bronx Arena High School is a partnership between the NYC Department of Education and SCO Family of Services. We work with over-aged and under-credited students who have not succeeded in traditional high schools. Our students and families make a serious commitment to successfully completing requirements to earn a New York State Regents diploma. Our staff makes an equally serious commitment to supporting students through that process.
Bronx Arena is an asynchronous blended-learning educational environment aligned to Common Core and Regents requirements that is structured to meet the needs of individual students. Our curriculum is delivered electronically via a web-based platform, and is accessible to students both in and out of school. The electronic curriculum allows students to move through classes as they are able and we do not impose a structure of semesters or trimesters. We require revisions of work in order to insure that students who graduate are ready to meet the demands of college and/or career. Students can graduate at any time of year that they satisfy NYS requirements for a high school diploma.
Bronx Arena High School provides students with a supportive and personalized learning environment. Our school features:
- A small learning community of 200 students
- Advocate Counselors (AC) support each student’s academic, personal and social development
- A full social service counseling and referral program
- Parent participation is encouraged and parents are fully informed about student progress.
- Paid supervised internships at a worksite in the school and/or community are available for students in good academic standing
- College and career support
- Students are expected to develop and implement a post high school plan prior to graduation
To request information and/or to attend an Open House please call 718-860-5056.
Who Can Benefit from this Program
Students 16 through 20 years of age who are under-credited and want to receive a high school diploma
Age Criteria or Other Eligibility Requirements
Admission to Bronx Arena High School is based on NYC DOE established eligibility criteria, an assessment of student motivation and need, a willingness to engage individually and in groups with Advocate Counselors, teachers and peers.
How to Access this Program or Service
Contact the school directly. We have a rolling admission and graduation process.
students in our transfer high schools who were at risk of dropping out graduated with a Regents diploma
young adults served by SCO are in college this academic year