CFL Co-op, Business Development
The CFL Cooperative Development Program (CDP) organizes community members to create worker-owned cooperative businesses with the mission of economic and social justice. Through CFL’s holistic, neighborhood-rooted approach, CDP:
- Builds leadership and coaches cooperative members and community organizations
- Cultivates relationships to strengthen the cooperative movement
- Generates and shares best practices and models for cooperative growth
Since 2006, CDP has incubated and supported more than 15 cooperative businesses, including Si Se Puede/We Can Do It cleaning, Beyond Care childcare, Golden Steps elder care, Émigré Gourmet catering, Trusty Amigos dog walking and pet care, Maharlika office cleaning, Sunset Scholars tutoring, and NannyBee childcare, the Brightly, cleaning cooperatives and Up & Go.
For a full list of CFL-supported cooperatives, access our 2019 Cooperative Business Directory.
Interested in starting a worker cooperative?
- Fill out this brief form to receive our Cooperative Startup Guides in English.
- Llene un breve cuestionario para recibir nuestras Guías para Cooperativas Startup en Español.
To receive updates from the CFL Cooperative Development Program, sign up for our newsletter.
Interested in learning about the Brightly Cooperative Franchise Model or CFL Cooperative Development Model? Watch these short webinars below.
Who Can Benefit from this Program
Immigrant and low-income workers who want to create new pathways to economic stability and opportunities for leadership
How to Access this Program or Service
Contact the program at 718.633.4823, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is associated with...
of clients at our Brooklyn Youth Center achieved their employment goals
of at-risk families throughout Brooklyn & Queens remained together and stable with family support services