Brooklyn Youth Center
Located in Brownsville, the Brooklyn Youth Center provides a wide array of services to run away and homeless youth throughout the borough of Brooklyn. Youth Center staff provide crisis intervention, counseling and mediation as well as services to help youth pursue educational and career goals and develop independent living skills.
We treat all youth and their families with dignity, respect, privacy, and utmost confidentiality. ALL SERVICES ARE FREE. NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY.
Call our Hotline for help: 877-4-DROP-IN • (877-437-6746) Read our Brochure»
- Case management
- Emergency shelter referrals and advocacy for transitional housing
- Family mediation
- Mental health
- Health and substance abuse treatment referrals
- Hygiene assistance
- Food and emergency clothing
- Homeless prevention services
- Assessment and referrals
- Youth and family resources
- Public education and awareness of the NYC DYCD continuum of services for runaway and homeless youth
- Application assistance for NY/NY III supportive housing
Who Can Benefit from this Program
Young men and women in Brooklyn who are runaway or homeless
Age Criteria or Other Eligibility Requirements
Young men and women who have already reached the age of 14, but are not yet 25 years old
How to Access this Program or Service
Call our Hotline at 877-4-DROP-IN (877-437-6746). Or call 311/DYCD Youth Connect (1-800-246-4646 or 646-343-6800)
families and individuals with support services and community activities
of graduates at SCO's high school for over-age, under-credited students received a NYS Regent's diploma.