Become a Foster Parent
It’s all about Caring
Open your heart and home to a child in need. The effects will last a lifetime!
Our foster parents reside in New York City and Long Island. Foster parents are dedicated to the child, their family and the SCO mission. If you are 21 or older, have a stable income and have enough room in your heart and home.
Foster parents are:
- Single, married, widowed, same-sex couples, LGBTQ affirming, all races and ethnicities
- Age – over 21, no age limit
- Geographic areas: NYC and Long Island. SCO hubs in Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island
Our Foster Care team is here
to help every step of the way:
- Orientation, ongoing support and training
- Medical care and mental health services
- Education support
- 24-hour access to SCO staff
Open your heart and your
home to a child in need.
If you have additional questions please contact [email protected]
Next Stop, College! Alayah O’Sullivan - East Brooklyn Community High School Class of 2022
She wanted to be the first in her family to go to college and she was determined to make it happen. Learn More
of residents in our group homes for adults with developmental disabilities attended Day Habilitation and receive vocational services
Children in our NYC shelters had a
attendance rate at NYC DOE schools