Early Childhood Job Openings at SCO
We’re hiring for our Morris Koppelman Center in Brownsville, Brooklyn! SCO’s Early Childhood Education Centers offer a year-round, full-day academic program in a safe and engaging environment for children from 2.9 months to 5 years of age, including UPK and 3K for All. Literacy and math activities help children gain the skills for future school success. A wide array of physical activities and outdoor play help children develop strength, balance and motor skills. Art, music and drama round out the day.
Our programs support English, dual-language learners, and children with IEPs. Families are engaged to become active partners in supporting their child’s language development.
We have exciting openings at our Center in Brownsville, Brooklyn. Join our team and help children develop the building blocks for success! Complete the form below to learn more!
Responsibilities include: Assisting Head Teacher with classroom management and activities while attending to the needs of children in a caring and kind manner. Strive to build positive relationships and effectively communicate with the families of children in their care.
Qualifications: High School diploma and CDA
Responsibilities: Provide Early Head start education staff with instructional leadership through design, delivery, and coordination of intensive professional development; facilitation of interdisciplinary collaboration; and administrative support.
- Masters Degree or higher in early childhood education and NYS certification in early Childhood Education
- NYS teaching certification required
- Teachers Certification for Birth-2 years of age
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO LEARN MORE!
SCO’s dedicated professionals help improve the health and well-being of over 50,000 New Yorkers each year. We apply the same principle to ensuring our staff is well cared for through a robust benefits package, professional development opportunities, health and wellness initiatives, tuition reimbursement and more.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Holidays Off
- Vacation & Sick Time
- 403B Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance & more!
- Provide children from your community with cognitive and social experiences that will enhance their curiosity and develop a positive attitude towards learning
What we are looking for:
- Experience working successfully in multicultural environments serving vulnerable or underserved populations preferred.
- Commitment to the mission and programs of SCO Family of Services
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Work closely with all members of the Center staff to provide comprehensive services to all families enrolled in the center.
East Brooklyn Community High School Students Reflect on Graduation Day
"They're your backbone, they help you and support you no matter what you do in life." Learn More
Importance of having patience, letting go and expressing my feelings without action
“Knowing my story can influence the story of another young girl which inspires me to give back,” said Kaitlyn. Learn More
of at-risk families throughout Brooklyn & Queens remained together and stable with family support services
families and individuals with support services and community activities