First Step NYC
FirstStepNYC is a new early childhood initiative that opened in the fall of 2013 in Brownsville, Brooklyn – a public-private partnership between the NYC Department of Education, the Administration for Children’s Services, SCO Family of Services and private philanthropy. SCO operates the innovative new birth-5 early childhood center at P.S./I.S. 41. In partnership with FirstStepNYC is The Early Education Leadership Institute to develop and support the work of current and future early childhood leaders.
Full day, year-round child care services
- A welcoming classroom for children
- Warm and highly qualified teachers
- A place for children and families to grow and learn together to prepare for Kindergarten and beyond
To enroll, families must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Children must be 6-weeks to 4-years-old
- Income guidelines must be met
- Priority given to siblings of children already enrolled in PS/IS41 and children or siblings of children currently enrolled in an SCO program
- Working and non-working families may be eligible
The Leadership Institute is designed to prepare and support current and future leaders to improve outcomes for all children and families by advancing quality and best practice in early education settings.
We believe that partnering with public and private entities to bring together and support leaders from across the five boroughs of New York City is the most effective way to increase quality in early education and lay the groundwork to strengthen the lives of our youngest children for future success.
For more information about the Leadership Institute, please email email@example.com with the subject Early Education Leadership Institute.
young adults served by SCO are in college this academic year
children were adopted by loving forever families