Community Supports for Children with Emotional and Behavioral Challenges
SCO offers a comprehensive service array for children and families with emotional and behavioral health needs. Our mental health, substance use, and support services help children (under 21) and their families improve their health, well-being, and quality of life. Services are provided where children and families are most comfortable — at home or in the community. Our goal is to strengthen families and help them to make informed decisions about their child’s care so they can be successful at home, in school, and in the community.
- Care Coordination – Health Home Care Management
- Therapy – Mental Health, Substance Use, Individual, Group, and Family
- Community Habilitation
- Caregiver/Family/Peer Support and Services
- Respite Services (Planned and Crisis)
- Community Self Advocacy Training and Support
- Prevocational Services
- Supported Employments
Who Can Benefit from this Program
Families with children and youth with emotional or behavioral health needs, who:
- need extra care at home/in the community
- want to avoid going to the hospital or a long term facility
- are eligible for Children and Family Treatment and Support Services and/or Home and Community-Based Services
- are enrolled or eligible to enroll in Medicaid
Age Criteria or Other Eligibility Requirements
Children and youth under the age of 21 who are eligible for Medicaid. Services are provided in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Nassau and Suffolk.
How to Access this Program or Service
Contact us at 718.312.6829.
of 12th graders in SCO's Family Foster Care program graduated high school, with 65% enrolled in post-secondary education
children and young adults through foster care programs