Community Supports for Children with Emotional and Behavioral Challenges
SCO offers a comprehensive service array for children and families with emotional and behavioral health needs. Our mental health, substance use, and support services help children (under 21) and their families improve their health, well-being, and quality of life. Services are provided where children and families are most comfortable — at home or in the community. Our goal is to strengthen families and help them to make informed decisions about their child’s care so they can be successful at home, in school, and in the community.
- Care Coordination – Health Home Care Management
- Therapy (Other Licensed Practitioner) – Mental Health, Substance Use, Individual, Group, and Family
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Youth Peer Support and Training
- Family Peer Support and Training
- Community Psychiatric Supports and Treatment
Who Can Benefit from this Program
Families with children and youth with emotional or behavioral health needs, who:
- need extra care at home/in the community
- want to avoid going to the hospital or a long term facility
- are eligible for Children and Family Treatment and Support Services
- are enrolled or eligible to enroll in Medicaid
Age Criteria or Other Eligibility Requirements
Children and youth under the age of 21 who are eligible for Medicaid. Services are provided in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Nassau and Suffolk.
How to Access this Program or Service
Contact us at 718.312.6829.
Support for individuals with special needs
“The confidence Nick has grown in the short time he’s been at the group home is amazing." Learn More
From Foster Care to Advocate
Today, I am at Teachers College Columbia University earning my Masters in Clinical Psychology on a full scholarship, so that I, too, can be a source of support for youth in need. Learn More
people with special needs develop skills to reach their full potential
of at-risk families throughout Brooklyn & Queens remained together and stable with family support services